'''Veganwiki.info''': community project to create the biggest resource for and by vegans and vegetarians under a free license.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 cups brown rice
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small head of savoy cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely grated
- Soy sauce or tamari to taste
- Heat the sesame oil in a skillet and sauté the raw rice until it is lightly toasted, then cook the rice in any way that you'd like. (rice cooker, stovetop, etc.)
- In a separate pan, sauté the onion in the olive oil before adding the cabbage and carrots. Allow the cabbage and carrots to brown slightly. Add the rice and sauté until everything is hot. Don't try to fry the rice – you've already done that!
- Add soy sauce or tamari, to taste, and serve.