Veganwiki is a collaborative, community project to gather information useful for vegans and interested parties.
- How to read a veganwiki article (what you can expect, and what you can do to our community). Thanks!
- How to join the community
- September, 2015 - the number of articles climbed over 400, more content and more editors needed, see (community building) - and we started a version in German
- February, 2015 - the Tiny Guide for the Vegan Traveler is published on our sister project Nomadwiki
- January, 2015 - fixed account creation, created a gitter chat room and ready for some new energy!
Veganwiki is a collaborative, community project to gather information useful for vegans and interested parties. So far we created 464 articles through 1,026,744 edits. Guaka, Sigurdas and Linas started developing it in 2013, in 2015 huggi also joined the club. Now you are very welcome to contribute! This wiki is *not limited* or *censored* to/from militant vegan editors. In most places and cultures it's tough to be vegan, sometimes even as a vegetarian.
We want to encourage anyone to at least try a vegan lifestyle for a while or for some days of the week, so try a Meatless Monday you won't die doing so. So folks who eat meat or dairy are still very welcome to participate.
Countries (193 countries which are recognized by the United Nations)
Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, The, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Croatia, Cyprus, Ethiopia, France, Germany, Greece, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Lebanon, Lithuania … further results add a country
Cities (457 with a population > 1 Mio.)
Abadan, Addis Ababa, Amsterdam, Auckland, Bangkok, Barcelona, Basle, Beirut, Berlin, Blinde Kuh, Bratislava, Brooklyn, Brussels, Budapest, Chicago, Dallas, Davis, Dortmund, Dresden, Essaouira, Gdańsk, Haifa, Hattenhof, Hong Kong, Istanbul, Järna, Kaunas, Kfar Qatra, Kingston, Klaipėda, Kota Kinabalu, Kuching, Leipzig, Lima, Lund, Malmö, Manchester, UK, Matera, Melbourne, Minneapolis, München, New York City, Osaka, Panama City, Florida, Panevėžys, Paris, Portland, Poznań, Regensburg, Rio de Janeiro … further results add a city
- List of vegans
- List of vegetarians
- List of vegan product groups
- List of vegan tools
- List of vegan apps
- List of vegetarian capitals
- List of vegetarian groups
- List of vegetarian festivals
- List of vegetarian organizations
- Vegan Accommodation List
- Animal Liberation Front, PETA, Vegan Outreach, Vegan Society
- European Vegetarian Union, International Vegetarian Union, Asian Pacific Vegetarian Union
- Vegan: quinoa, soy (soy milk, tofu, tempeh), seitan, plant milk, meat analogue, chickpeas, cauliflower, pumpkins
- Sometimes vegan: chocolate, sugar, ice cream, pizza, mayonnaise
- Non-vegan: meat, fish sauce, eggs, milk, cheese, honey