Raw veganism goes one step further than veganism.
Health: They are no other specie than human kind that cook his food before eating it. Heating is a chemical process than modify the molecular structure. Within heated food appears the "maillard effect" = nutriments are destroyed + undigestable macro-molecules that will retain nutriments appear. Fruits and vegetables are mainly pH basic, when classical diets (including cook vegan) are mainly acids.
Time saving: You save time at every step, preparation is simple and fast, dishes washing is minimalist...
Energy saving. You save gas, electricity, firewood, water (by not cooking but also by drinking less because your fruits and vegetables give you plenty of it and you have less toxins to eliminate).
- Classical raw vegan: uncook fruits, vegetables, leafs, nuts and seeds.
- 80/10/10: 80% of carbohydrates, 10% of lipids, 10% of proteins ; uncook.
- Fruitarians: It is a more non violence ethical choice: ("when eating an apple you don't > have to kill the apple tree").
- Gourmet Raw Food Preparation (some enjoy creating new dishes and old favorites with raw ingredients, but this approach generally takes time, energy and money, and is often too fatty).
- Living Foods: Living foods and raw foods are not exactly the same thing. Living foods means to say that you attempt to eat the foods in as fresh a state as possible. You can use blenders, but the food must be eaten fresh to absorb as many of the enzymes as possible. Whereas "raw" just means that you don't cook the food, or at least not above certain temperatures.
- Nature's First Law: The philosophy being this category is eating the food in its whole, unprocessed state. For example: instead of making a fruit smoothie with a nut milk, you would just eat the various whole fruits and nuts as is. This method of eating doesn't allow for the use of blenders, food processors, dehydrators, or any other machines for food preparations. Essentially you eat the living, plant-based foods in the state that they are in, exactly the way they are found in Nature.
See talks about it
Some raw food enthusiasts are willing to use:
Sharper (to chop and slice veggies for mix salad),
Simple salad dryer,
Juice extractors (or blenders),
Raw veganism has been strongly popularized in France by Thierry Casasnovas[]