Vegan recipes are food recipes without any ingredients derived from animals (meat, eggs, dairy, etc.) Such recipes are easily found on the Internet or in vegan cookbooks. In many cases it is also fairly easy to veganize non-vegan recipes to make them vegan.
The Internet is now awash with vegan recipes with every type of food or dish imaginable in a plant based alternative. The number of vegan cookbooks available on on-line (e.g. Amazon) or traditional bookstores has doubled in recent years, and traditional chefs have been quick to jump on the healthy eating bandwagon and bring out vegan cookbooks full of vegetable based recipes. Even the UK's notorious Steak and Kidney Pudding chef double act, The Hairy Bikers, recently went vegetarian for a while and brought out a vegetable recipe cookbook.
There are many notable vegan recipe books. Here is a list of some of them:
- Vegan on the Cheap (2010)
- Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar (2009)
- Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook (2007)
- The Complete Vegan Kitchen (2007)
- Vegan with a Vengeance (2005)
- Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World (2006)