Farinata is an Italian chickpeas pie.
- 90 cl of water
- 300 g chickpeas flour
- one glass of olive oil
- a bit of salt
- a bit of black pepper
- Mix water and chickpea flour in a bowl until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Cover the bowl with a lid and let stand 4-5 hours at room temperature (stirr occasionally).
- It is likely that a thin layer of foam is formed on the surface of the mixture. Remove it with a slotted spoon. Add salt and ½ cup of oil, pour the remaining oil in a baking pan untill it is completely covers the bottom.
- Preheat oven to 220 °C. Pour the batter of chickpea flour in the baking dish and bake half an hour, until the surface is golden. At this point, turn off the oven and turn on the grill, so that the surface becomes slightly crispy.
- Once cooking is complete, remove the farinata, add salt and pepper, cut into squares and serve it still warm, with a side of vegetables.