Lithuania is a Baltic country in Europe. Even though Lithuanians generally live on a meat-based diet, there is a growing vegan and raw food movement, and you can certainly get around being a vegan in this small country, even though some difficulties (in communicating your needs) may occur.
- Animal Rights Lithuania is an organization with focus on animal rights. It is the only organization of its kind in the country, with activists from all around Lithuania. Vegan education and abolitionism are primary strategies and goals of most of the active members of this group. Website: animalrights.lt | Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/gerbkgyvunuteises
- If you want to meet other vegetarian or vegan families in Lithuania, there is a Facebook group for that: http://www.facebook.com/groups/veg.seimos
- Following Facebook group unites random Lithuanian vegetarians and vegans: http://www.facebook.com/groups/108891465822030
- Kur valgo veganai? is a listing of vegan, vegetarian and veg-friendly places in Lithuania (in Lithuanian)
- Happy Cow's list of vegan/vegetarian places in Lithuania (in English)
- Gyventisamoningai.lt (Living Consciously) is a green Lithuanian blog with veganism as one of its baselines. Topics on environmental activism and human and animal rights make it even more diverse.
- Ką valgo veganai? - vegan recipies for Lithuanians.