Open Vegan Association (draft)
The Open Vegan Association (OVA).
“The significant problems we have cannot be solved at the same level of thinking with which we created them.” Albert Einstein (non-vegan)
To whom it may concern
Dear interested vegan consumer or leader of any vegan Community around the globe!
The Open Vegan Association (OVA) idea/concept/draft is the first attempt, to bring all Vegan Organizations (Vegans worldwide (all continents) together with a few basic rules based on the view of an ethical consumer to work together on the #Agenda2030. Based on the idea of a Open society (concept from 1932) and Open data like Wikipedia, Veganwiki or similar Open Source or Open content projects.
I'm a global citizen and traveled all continents and (+50 out of 193 UN member states). The concept is different but borrowed from The Open Organisation Of Lockpickers which has a totally different view/approach and is not associated with me.
Thank you very much!
[email protected] Global citizen, living in Asia
The existing organizations like
- IVU (registered since 1908), post-pone to 2016
- EVU (registered since 1988), post-pone to 2016
- APVU (not registered), not registered, post-pone to 2016
- SEAVU (not registered), not registered, post-pone to 2016
- TVA (registered), post-pone to 2016
- Vegetarian Society (Singapore) (registered since 1999), post-pone to 2016
- Swissveg (registered since 1993), post-pone to 2016
- South African Vegan Society, post-pone to 2016
and missing similar organizations on a global level on the continents like
- Africa, work in progress, we have some contacts...
- North america, work in progress, we have some contacts...
- South America, work in progress, we have some contacts...
- Oceania, work in progress, we have some contacts...
(if there are people out there, please get in contact with [email protected])
- To become a member, you need to read, understand, sign and support the 17 specific UN SDGs actively with your actions
- Participate in the Vegan Progress Index
- The deadline or expiry date of this organization is 2030 (starting from 2015), there will be a follow-up organization, but for the time being this organization is for the Sustainable Development of the Vegan Community worldwide.
- Accept and actively support the "Global Goals"
1. Educating with this topic in mind: In terms of "minimal education", the joining individual or organization should be able to understand and teach others (consumers, customers, companies or other interested parties) the basic principles of Veganism (but not limited to) but alwways with the VegPOV in mind.
2. Creating a community which is independent form the following topics:
- Politics (we don't follow/support any specific politic views)
- Religion (we don't follow/support any specific religious views)
- Culture (we are all Vegan people and haven an open mind for different views and understanding, there is enough other fights going on on this planet)
3.Engaging everyone with "basic goals" in English
- To make sure that we all work on the same goals, we engage in the UN SDGs Agenda and make our volunteer work a valuable part of the next 15 years (If we are still here in this planet, we can create new goals), until than we stick on the #Agenda2030 by the UN.
- Language (we use and accept English as the Universal Language)
- Support free education for vegans and interested parties (making $ not allowed), for e.g. providing access to statistics in your region
- OVA does not impact your local business / memberships or commercial activities as long as they actively support the 17 specific SDGs ($)
- Make regional events happen ($)
- Promote the Vegan Label as Universal Label for a plant-based diet ($)
($) simply allows everyone to charge or not to charge money for that specific topic.
- Phase 1 (2015): Drafting the idea, I'm collecting inputs from various Organizations to learn and add more specifics to this Open letter which is distributed to all vegetarian organizations, which I can reach via E-Mail, Facebook over the Internet and also Offline in person. If you want to contact me, please send your message to [email protected] Thank you for your attention/interest!
- Phase 2 (2015): Planing, sorting the details I get from everywhere.
- Phase 3 (2015): Action, founding associations on all continents and make this simple idea happen.
- Phase 4 (2016): Review, look that we implement what was originally planned
- Phase 5: http://www.OVA.online/ has gone online / asking members to join the association.