Past, present and future of vegetarianism
While Vegetarianism has it's presence in our history already for a long time, it's sometimes very difficult to see the importance of current changes and on-going improvement of the worldwide movement.
- 1 Past
- 2 Present
- 3 Future
- 4 See also
See also History of vegetarianism and browse through your region, if you see something missing, please feel free to add.
To get an idea, what has been done in a specific region, we also maintain Vegetarianism by country. Also the following lists might be interesting to get more details about the existing vegetarian movement:
- List of vegetarian festivals
- List of vegetarian organizations (semantic version)
- List of vegetarian restaurants
- 1927: The Benefits of Vegetarianism written in Iran
- 1999: Vegetarian Society (Singapore) has been founded in Singapore
- Film: Documentary film
- 2005: Earthlings (film)
- 2010: Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead
- 2011: Forks Over Knives
- 2014: Cowspiracy
Perspectives & Ethics
- September 2015: UN SDGs signed by 193 meber-states on the 25th of September 2015 at the HQ of UN in New York, United States
- October 2015: "Processed meats do cause cancer" WHO changes the public perception about well known facts.
- October 2015: The V-Label by EVU has been simplified by only using the terms: Vegetarian and Vegan for the future.
- Vegetarianism and also Veganism becomes mainstream, the importance of Vegetarian Organizations is key in coordinating: Information exchange, events for the community
- Berlin 2015: 07.11.-08.11.2015 VeggieWorld
- Duesseldorf 2016: 21.10.-23.10.2016 VeggieWorld
- Hamburg 2016: 12.03.-13.03.2016 VeggieWorld
- Munic 2016: 30.04.-01.05.2016 VeggieWorld
- Rhein-Main 2016: 26.02.-28.02.2016 VeggieWorld
There is a global trend away from the "traditional vegetarian" view/believes towards a more Open society also in terms of the global development and progress in sustainability where vegetarians and even more vegans can become a role model for the next chapter in modern human history, which should be able to use our "brains together" and advocate for a better society for the future.
- for e.g. Beyond Meat (startup) which made Bill Gates think again, will find their new markets/new consumers.