Veganwiki.info:Veg point of view
Veganwiki is a wiki with a mission. We want everyone to be vegan. You're still allowed to edit here if you don't completely agree with this stance, but still, this is the party line. However, we are still very happy to learn about vegetarian restaurants in cities where there are no vegan restaurants. As far as recipes, they should be 100% vegan.
molecularmachine on reddit: "If it works like a normal wiki where most anyone can edit it, this means this section will never be a knowledge base of quality. Veganism is an ethical philosophy, you don't follow ethical philosophies for your health, or any other purpose. If you're not in it for the ethics put forward from the vegan society, you are not following veganism and thus you are not a vegan. You may be an ass-kicking plant based/strict vegetarian person who is awesome, but not a vegan.""
Thanks for bringing this up. It's best to look at Veganwiki as a practical resource that can still inspire people to change their eating (and other) habits. It's great if a meat eater becomes vegetarian just as like it's awesome when a vegetarian decides to go 100% vegan. So anyone can edit, but if there's a meat eating animal hating vandal wreaking havoc their edits will quickly be reverted.
In general additions and edits from meat eaters are still very welcome! Some of Guaka (talk)'s friends have edited, even created the logo, they eat meat now and then, but their edits were all in good faith and have taken Veganwiki further!
- Recipes: 100% vegan, please also declare all ingredients, try not to use Convenience food and use natural, raw sources. If there are myths or misunderstandings in terms of usage, please also make a note on these.
- Restaurants: depending on the surroundings, a veg-friendly restaurant in NYC is no big deal, but it definitely is in Paris
- This wiki is a community project. Your voice counts. Create an account, edit and participate on talk pages.
- No deletionism! If someone adds a veg-friendly restaurant, it's probably for a good reason.
- Go ahead and edit the guidelines!
- If you have any questions, related to the Veganwiki Point of view, please don't hesitate to start a "discussion", thanks!