Difference between revisions of "Istanbul"
m (adding interfamily link to trashwiki)
m (adding interfamily links)
|Line 24:||Line 24:|
Revision as of 12:06, 31 August 2013
Etsiz çiğ köfte - traditionally made with raw meat, it became illegal to sell that version (although if you are offered homemade çiğ köfte it is likely meat, so ask). Luckily they decided to make it vegan-friendly! It contains bulgur, tomato paste, red pepper paste, spices, chopped onions, green onions, fresh mint, parsley, pomegranate syrup and lemon. It is eaten as a dürüm with bread (3TL), or you can buy a portion with just the ingredients for about 6 to 10TL.
Mercimek çorbası and ezogelin çorbası (lentil soup) - available in lokantas and restaurants everywhere, normally for between 1 and 3 lira. Occasionally made with fat however, so ask if you can! Comes with free bread always.
Fasulyeli Pilav (beans and rice) - occasionally cooked with chicken or beef broth, so definitely ask! Costs around 3TL, very filling. Also available in kiosks, restaurants and lokantas.
- Govinda Restaurant - Indian vegetarian restaurant in Beyoğlu with plenty of vegan options, mains typically less than 10TL. Not bad food, but there are better places that other people can add.
- Felafel House - just off Taksim square, walk down the street next to Simit Sarayı, perpendicular to Cümhuriyet Cadessi, about 100m down. Dürüm for 6TL, highly recommended.
- add more?
- Etsiz mi bu? ––– Is this without meat?
- Et yada tavuk suyu var mı içinde ––– Does this have meat or chicken stock?
- Substitute Et yada tavuk suyu (meat or chicken, see phrase above) for these other words: balık - fish, süt - milk, yumurta - egg, peynir - cheese, tereyağı - butter, yoğurt - yogurt.