- December, 2013 - the number of articles climbed over 200, mostly thanks to the r/vegan community jumping in
- November 20th, 2013 - We're now veganwiki.info!
- May 8th, 2013 - started experimenting with Semantic MediaWiki, check the "Edit with Form" button for cities and recipes
- April 18th, 2013 - moved to a new server, OpenID login might be broken
- April 17th, 2013 - whether you like it or not, we have a Facebook page
- April 14th, 2013 - we reached 100 articles!
- February 28th, 2013 - Our first spammer. We'll probably enforce sign ups this week.
- February 20th, 2013 - We have a preliminary logo thanks to Mikael!
- February 18th, 2013 - vegan.wiki.yt was launched!
Veganwiki is a wiki about anything related to veganism. So far we have created 704 articles through 1,032,761 edits. Guaka, Sigurdas and Linas started developing it in 2013, and you are very welcome to contribute! This wiki is definitely not limited to vegan editors. In most places and cultures it's hard to be vegan. We want to encourage anyone to at least try a vegan lifestyle for a while or for some days of the week (Meatless Monday for example?). So folks who eat meat or dairy are still very welcome to participate.
We have some basic guidelines. We'll also allow some vegetarian stuff - as for example a vegetarian restaurant in Brussels is already way better than 99% of the places that cater food. But there is no space for recipes with cow milk or eggs.
Click a red link to start writing! Or click blue ones and edit them! Or just create a new page! Don't know how? Ask us via our Community portal!
- Vegan: quinoa, soy (soy milk, tofu, tempeh), seitan, plant milk, meat analogue, chickpeas, cauliflower, pumpkins
- Sometimes vegan: chocolate, sugar, ice cream, pizza, mayonnaise
- Non-vegan: meat, fish sauce, eggs, milk, cheese, honey
More vegan wikis:
- In German, auf deutsch: http://de.veganwiki.org/ de.veganwiki.org]
- Dutch, Nederlands: wiki.veganisme.org