Sea Shepherd Conservation Society
The Sea Shepherd Conservation Society (SSCS) is a non-profit, marine conservation organization based in Friday Harbor on San Juan Island, Washington, in the United States, with many chapters across the world.
Saving marine wildlife from humans.
Sea Shepherd operations have included interdiction against commercial fishing, shark poaching and finning, seal hunting, and whaling.
Sea Shepherd Also works on ocean issues such as plastic pollution.
In March 2014 the International Court of Justice ruled the Japanese whaling program in the Southern Ocean was not, as claimed, for scientific purposes, and ordered Japan to cease operations.
- Sea Shepherd: My Fight For Whales And Seals, Paul Watson, 1980
- Earth Warrior: Overboard with Paul Watson and the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, David B. Morris, 1995
- Hunting the Hunters: At war with the whalers, Laurens de Groot, 2014
- Think! Eat! Act!: A Sea Shepherd Chef's Vegan Cookbook, Raffaella Tolicetti, 2014
- At the Edge of the World, (2008)
- Defending Turtles in Cabo Verde, (short)
- Part-Time Heroes, (short)
- Plunderers of the Sea, (in French)
- Sea Life Savers, (2018)
- The Shark Cull
- Untrashing Djulpan, (2019)
- Ocean Warriors
- Whale Wars