Difference between revisions of "Tokyo"
m (adding interfamily links)
|Line 31:||Line 31:|
Revision as of 16:31, 7 May 2013
Tokyo is the capital and the biggest city of Japan. Even though veganism is not very widespread here, Tokyo has many vegan or vegan-friendly restaurants to choose from. For those who want to socialize, there is vegan meet-up event held every month.
- Earth Day Tokyo is organized at the end of April near Yoyogi park (close to Harajuku and Shibuya stations). Many vegan restaurants and animal rights organizations have their stalls during the event.
- Tokyo Vegefood Festa is held at the end of October in the same place as Earth Day. It's a good time to meet people from vegan, vegetarian or animal rights organizations and try all kinds of vegan food.
Tokyo has around 30 100% vegan restaurants. Most of them are concentrated around Shibuya and Shinjuku stations. Keep in mind that finding places in Tokyo can be challenging because of complicated address system.
- Loving Hut. Address in Japanese: 東京都新宿区四谷3-6-15 (map), around 2 km from Shinjuku station or 50 m from Yotsuya Sanchome metro station. Sells lunch boxes for 600yen and very tasty tofu "cheese" cakes for 400yen.
- Ain Soph, address in Japanese: 東京都新宿区新宿3-8-9 (map)
- Vegan Healing Cafe, address in Japanese: 東京都渋谷区宇田川町6-20 (map). Main dish + drink + dessert cost around 2000yen.
- Hanada Rosso. Address in Japanese: 東京都渋谷区神宮前6-28-5 (map), around 1.5 km from Shibuya or 500 m from Harajuku.
- Base Cafe, address in Japanese: 東京都武蔵野市吉祥寺南町1-6-7 (map), close to Kichijoji station. Serves organic food, main dish + drink + dessert cost around 1700yen.