not getting an idea.. is that by the way the proper way to answer you? YouThink is not the worst idea you had ;) Bea
the section about food should be more elaborated, il would like to organise some divisions as (must still brainstorm) How to replace animal products, Basic ingredients (grains, cereals, soj, beans, rice, salt, sugar), basics of cooking (bread, pasta), and real elaborate recipes, would it be ok ? Gilgamesh67
- Sure! I'm looking forward, just add brackets to whatever you think could be articles. Structure will appear magically :) Guaka (talk) 22:50, 19 February 2013 (CET)
on the top I just added testimonials, and vegan meli_melo, i think keepeing a place for testimonials could be interesting, with meli-melo I felt it usefull to talk about ... everything, shorts subjects not fitting in the other part of the wiki, as veganism and nudism (don't laugh I am serious and even those people are looking really cool and cooking like chef) veganism and politics, veganism and anarchism, dumpster diving, other alternative ways of life etc What do you think ? we can cancel or change place. About french yes I will this evening, but my first idea was to first give organisation and corp tho the wiki using the universal langage, if my bd english sucks too much just say it ;oD Hugs --Gilgamesh67 (talk) 18:04, 21 February 2013 (CET)
Spam robots have already found vegan.wiki.yt and are creating fake accounts to advertise websites or products (e.g. User:DwayneVig). It seems that we need more sophisticated human recognition tool than asking new users to do simple math (e.g. 8–2=?). Can that be implemented? Linas
- Working on it. Only saw your message now that I checked recent changes. I had to confirm my email address :) Guaka (talk) 11:53, 7 March 2013 (CET)
- moved to project:Community portal
FB Vegan Travel Community
I just found this VeganWiki today. I wrote also a message on https://www.facebook.com/groups/vegantravel/ to ask the founder of the group to comment on contribution to VeganWiki or any other platform to share information for Vegans as the FB page does not have any features to have a serious documentation like an up to date MediaWiki.
I registered myself and noticed the following things:
- de.veganwiki.info runs on DokuWiki and has issues when you open it, what's the status there and why is it not connected with this MediaWiki-Server?
- I added Switzerland on the main page with the assistant, nothing happend on the mainpage (probably it's a protected page)?
Can you say something about your Vegan community like how long does it exist, how many people are actively working on it and how long will the VeganWiki project last if more people are joining and creating traffic, does the banner on the bottom finance it for itself?
Thanks and have a good day!
- Hi huggi, good to see your edits and questions!
- There's nothing at http://de.veganwiki.info/ I think you mean http://veganwiki.de/, and yes, I'm not a fan of DokuWiki and veganwiki.de is run by someone else. Wouldn't be easy to "connect" these two projects. I support any free licensed (ideally Creative Commons CC-BY-SA) projects though.
- The Main Page is protected but the country list on the main page is created through a Semantic MediaWiki query. After you created Switzerland it was added automatically (but because of cache it may have taken more time).
- Special:Statistics would have been interesting if it wasn't for a recent spam attack. Veganwiki is not extremely active, but it's also not dead. It's growing slowly, also for Google results. I think it could grow faster at some point, e.g. because of promotion in some FB group ;) Problem remains that MediaWiki is not the most user friendly for random people to edit and add stuff.
- I'm happy to help with anything. Good to see your questions. Note that you can sign with ~~~~.
- Thanks, Guaka (talk) 09:11, 27 August 2015 (CEST)
- here some further points:
- http://github.com/guaka/veganwiki/ This repository is empty. :)
- anyway, I did some research, listed in: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:VeganWiki
- try to contact veganwiki.org owners and get the domain for your project, .info is cool but .org is better for a community.
- I think the veganwiki.co.uk is also okay, but only local for UK.
- how do I simply include WP articles the best (without any copy&paste)?
- LICENSE: Can you upgrade it to: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/
- comments here please. thanks! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft_talk:VeganWiki
Plant milk pages
Almond milk, Oat milk and Rice milk all redirect to Dairy milk. I think they deserve their own page, or at least be directed to Plant milk. I don't know how to do that. Thanks. Harrys (talk) 02:07, 19 April 2020 (CEST)
- Good question. Actually when you click on the links here you get to the first redirected page, Milk, and there it says (Redirected from Rice milk). When you click on that Rice milk link you get to the redirect page itself, where you can click edit. Start by removing the #redirect Dairy milk part. (There are some other ways but I think this is the simplest in this context. One other way is to make your own URLs to do stuff, check the action=edit and title=Almond_milk parts here: https://veganwiki.info/w/index.php?title=Almond_milk&action=edit).
- Another good one is to find the link at Special:ListRedirects, which you can find at Special:SpecialPages.
- Does this help? Guaka (talk) 13:18, 19 April 2020 (CEST)