Difference between revisions of "Vilnius"
m (adding interfamily links)
|Line 33:||Line 33:|
Revision as of 16:32, 7 May 2013
Vilnius is the capital of Lithuania. It is fairly easy to be a vegan here: even though many still won't know what veganism is, you have a variety of vegan-friendly shops and cafés to choose from. Besides, you will have no problem finding plenty of various fruit&veg in ordinary grocery stores.
In general, there is a feeling that veganism is on the rise in Vilnius. Just 10 years or so ago, it was hard to find a vegetarian place in Vilnius - now there is plenty to chose from, including ordinary restaurants which started labeling vegetarian or even vegan dishes.
- Balti drambliai, address: Vilniaus 41. Probably most popular vegetarian place in Vilnius. Indian style cuisine. Vegan options marked separately (but double check for honey!).
- Radharanė, addresses: Gedimino 32 and Ozo 18 (Ozo prekybos centras shopping mall, 3 floor). Vegetarian, Indian style cuisine. Ask for vegan options, without ghee.
- Raw42 , address: Rūdninkų 12. Vegan raw food, cocktails, raw pizzas and desserts.
- Shiva Chill Bar, address: Klaipėdos 3. Vegetarian.
- Sulčius, address: Totorių 15. A small vegetarian place, mostly for raw cocktails.
- Šv.Vieta, address: Šv.Ignoto 12 – 1. Vegetarian.
- Tavo erdvė, address: Šeimyniškių 26. Vegetarian.
- Vegafé (1,2), adresses: Totorių 3 and Augustijonų 2. Vegetarian ayurvedic food at yoga center. Offers daily specials with one vegan special available marked. Other vegan options are available and marked. Wide range of juices and smoothies. A large portion of the menu items are Asian inspired (Indian and Chinese). An English menu is available. The restaurant will pack your order for take-away.
- RawRaw, address: Totorių 3. Raw food restaurant. Nearly everything is vegan. Foods containing honey are clearly marked.
- Žaliasis bambukas, address: Latvių 7A. Vegetarian.
- add a new place?
- Mano guru, address: Vilniaus 22/1. Salad bar with vegan and vegetarian options. Juices and desserts also available. Price: Moderate.
- Sue's Indian Raja. address: Odminių 3. Indian cuisine, vegan meals available on a request.
Kur valgo veganai? has a listing of vegan, vegetarian and veg-friendly places in Vilnius (in Lithuanian). You can also see Happy Cow's list of vegan/vegetarian places in Vilnius (in English).