Tokyo is the capital and the biggest city of Japan. Even though veganism is not very widespread here, Tokyo has many vegan or vegan-friendly restaurants to choose from. For those who want to socialize, there is vegan meet-up event held every month.
- Earth Day Tokyo is organized at the end of April near Yoyogi park (close to Harajuku and Shibuya stations). Many vegan restaurants and animal rights organizations have their stalls during the event.
- Tokyo Vegefood Festa is held at the end of October in the same place as Earth Day. It's a good time to meet people from vegan, vegetarian or animal rights organizations and try all kinds of vegan food.
Tokyo has around 30 100% vegan restaurants. Most of them are concentrated around Shibuya and Shinjuku stations. Keep in mind that finding places in Tokyo can be challenging because of complicated address system.
- Loving Hut (Shinjuku) - around 2 km from Shinjuku station or 50 m from Yotsuya Sanchome metro station
- Ain Soph, address in Japanese: 東京都新宿区新宿3-8-9 (map)
- Vegan Healing Cafe, address in Japanese: 東京都渋谷区宇田川町6-20 (map). Main dish + drink + dessert cost around 2000yen.
- Hanada Rosso. Address in Japanese: 東京都渋谷区神宮前6-28-5 (map), around 1.5 km from Shibuya or 500 m from Harajuku.
- Base Cafe (Kichijoji) - close to Kichijoji station
- It's Vegetable (Kinshicho) - close to Kinshicho station