Kaunas is the second largest city in Lithuania. Although from a first glance Kaunas might not seem a very vegan-friendly city, it has in fact an active vegan community (as in Vilnius), as well as there are a few good places for eating out.
- Ganga, address: Panėrių 187. Indian vegetarian cuisine. Ask for vegan options, without dairy (ghee, etc.).
- Radharanė, address: Laisvės 40. Indian vegetarian cuisine. Ask for vegan options, without dairy (ghee, etc.).
- Samosa, address E.Ožeškienės 5. Vegetarian ayurvedic food and shop.
- Vilties vaistinė-arbatinė, address: Laisvės 100. Except a few desserts with honey, it is a vegan café, one of the oldest of its kind in Kaunas. Friendly staff.
- Žalių kokteilių baras, address: Vilniaus 9. Raw cocktails.
- Moksha, address: Vasario 16-osios 6. Indian/Thai cuisine. Vegan and vegetarian meals are marked separately. Food 9,7/10, service 10/10, vegan friendliness 9/10 (according to a vegan review here).
- Gan Bei City, Karaliaus Mindaugo 49, in Akropolis shopping mall. A lot of vegetarian options from Indian, Thai, Chinese, Japanese cuisine. Some of them are vegan.